Do you have a Shopify store? There are excellent ways you can make money on Shopify. It is a platform you can use to promote, sell, and ship your products. To make money from Shopify, you must market your Shopify store and pay a monthly fee that gives you access to an admin panel where you can enter data, add products, and process orders. Shopify allows you to connect with entrepreneurs and customers from all over the world. It makes it easy to manage your business online.
Read also: Leading eCommerce stores worldwide.
How to Make Money on Shopify
The following are ways you can make money on Shopify.
1. Market Your Art Online
Shopify is a popular online platform used by artists to make money. You can market digital template designs, paintings and drawings, digital copies of photographs, and jewelry. If you have a physical location from where you sell your work of art, you can decide to use Shopify to market the business.
Shopify will help you reach a larger audience, and eventually, you will start selling your art in volume. There are various social media platforms like Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram that will help you market your products. For those using Pinterest, you need to know how to connect Pinterest to Shopify.
Read more: Emerging business opportunities in China.
2. Set up a Print on Demand Business
You can also make money on Shopify through print on demand businesses. It cuts on costs incurred on inventory like warehouse costs. You only get products when customers place orders.
You can link up your print on demand business with your Shopify store using various apps like Printify. Items on demand include mugs, books, T-shirts, and accessories. Make your business stand out by having a unique brand. Some of the businesses in this sector include print on demand jewelry Shopify.
3. Launch a Shopify Dropshipping Store
The other way you can make money on Shopify is through dropshipping business. In a dropshipping business, you as the marketer sells products on behalf of the manufacturer. Whenever you get a customer, the manufacturer supplies the product to the customer. You market products that you don't have in store.
The advantage of a dropshipping business is that you do not need to pay warehouse fees and shipping fees. The manufacturer does that for you since he stores the products and ships them to customers. Your work is just to market the products. Before getting started, make sure to look at dropshipping terms and conditions template. Some of the business performing well include Shopify dropshipping books.
If you want to run a successful dropshipping business, here's what you need to do:
- You must drive traffic to your Shopify store. With perfect marketing and SEO skills, you will attract many customers to your site.
- Focus on a specific niche. Do your research on a particular niche and provide the best services to your customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service. If you want your business to thrive, make sure that your customers are happy. Happy customers are likely to recommend your services to their friends.
4. Sell Your Thrift Store Collections
If collecting unique items is your hobby, you can turn this into a business and start making money on Shopify. Many people love cheap and unique items, but they don't like digging through thrift stores. Use this to your advantage. You can buy items at a lower price and sell them at a profit through your Shopify store.
5. Use Shopify to Promote Your Online Courses
If you offer an online course, you can promote it using Shopify. Offering online courses through Shopify is another way to make money. Don't let your knowledge and skills go to waste while you can make a passive income from them. Create an informative and easy to understand course. Then market the course through Shopify. Tell people the benefits of the course and the value of taking the course online compared to offline. Shopify will help you reach many people.
6. Start Your Own Clothing Line on Shopify
If designing clothes is your passion, you can choose to make money with Shopify by setting up an online clothing business. With a Shopify store, you can set up a clothing line using Printful or Printify that will link your store to clothing manufacturers. Printify and Printful will simplify the designing and delivery processes. Some of the ideas you can invest in include clothing manufacturers for startups.
You can also make money on Shopify by freelancing. If you want to have a flexible working routine, you can choose to use Shopify to offer freelance services. There is a high demand for freelance skills such as SEO specialists, virtual assistants, web developers and graphic designers.
Create your own Shopify store, market your freelance services, get hired and make money. You can use Shopify to build your freelance portfolio. Some of the freelance jobs on demand in this field are Shopify virtual assistants.
Read also: How to make money on Amazon.
8. Shopify Virtual Assistants
You can work as a Shopify virtual assistant and start making money online. To get started, you need to choose your area of specialization on Shopify, for instance, product listing or customer care service. Create online portfolios with your Shopify expertise. You can even join freelance platforms and marketplaces and you will easily get hired to work as a VA on Shopify. This way, you will start generating an income.
If you want to create your own Shopify store, here are the steps to get you started.
- Sign up for a Shopify account. Since you are new to Shopify, you will get a free trial. You don't need a credit card to get started. You need to provide an email and a password, choose a name for your Shopify store and then provide personal details.
- After creating your account, you will get access to your store admin screen where you can start customizing the store, uploading products, setting up payments, and shipping.
- Make sure you pick a unique theme from Shopify's official theme store to help you stand out.
- Set up your product information into your Shopify store. Use detailed and catchy descriptions for the products you want to sell on Shopify.
- Prepare your official pages: About Us, Terms & Conditions, Shipping & Delivery Information.
- Fill in Payments and billing information.
Shopify is an excellent online business platform. Before you create your store, do thorough research on your potential customers and what you want to sell. In case of a competitive product, think of ways to make your business outstanding to attract more customers. With hard work and persistence, Shopify is the platform for you.