Dropshipping is an online business that involves the sale of products without having to stock them. Products are shipped directly from the supplier to the customer without having to go through the supplier. It is relatively cheaper since there are no store rent expenses, while you can advertise the products online. Shopify is an excellent platform where you can succeed in the dropshipping business. With Shopify, you do not have to pay for a product upfront.
This is a guide on Shopify dropshipping business; how to get suppliers, pick your products, market your business and make sales.
Read also: How to start dropshipping on AliExpress.
Select a Dropshipping Niche
Having a specific niche is important to succeed in dropshipping business. You need to build an audience with an interest in a particular niche. Find an area you are an expert in and where you can easily attract customers. To decide the niche you want to venture into, you can use a number of online tools. The following tools can help you measure the demand of a product.
- Social media platforms can help you to find a niche to specialize in. For instance, through Facebook, you can get market needs and trends. Facebook audience Insight tool is useful in identifying your audience's needs through their location, page likes and demographics.
- Google Keyword Planner helps you identify what a majority of people are looking for on search engines like Google. Through the tool, you can know the number of people searching for a particular product in a month.
- Google Trends is another excellent tool you can use to identify products in demand online. It provides information you cannot get on Google keyword Planner. You can check whether there is a positive or negative growth in search volume over time.
Read also: How to start blogging and make money.
Find Reliable Dropshipping Suppliers
Once you have identified a dropshipping niche, the next thing is to find suppliers. Make sure to select a reliable supplier who is efficient in communication, makes deliveries on time and provides high quality goods. You can get a dropshipping supplier through supplier directories. When selecting a dropshipping supplier or company, you need to consider:
- Shipping destinations. This is where the supplier ships products.
- Type of products. Various suppliers supply different products. Select a supplier that supplies products within your niche.
There are many dropshipping companies and suppliers you can use. Among the largest dropshipping suppliers include:
Best Dropshipping Products to Sell
You can sell a single product or multiple products. The following are some fast-moving products to sell on Shopify dropshipping.
- Health and fitness and personal care
- Kitchenware and grocery
- Home and bedding
- Office products
- Camera and cellphone accessories
- Gaming accessories
- Car accessories
How Shopify Works
Shopify is an eCommerce platform where entrepreneurs operate businesses online. To start a business on Shopify, you need to open a Shopify store. You can open one without hosting fees. However, Shopify charges monthly fees which you need to pay to continue running your store. Once you have open a store, you can install an app like the Oberlo app that will help you to source products from suppliers.
The Process of Starting a Dropshipping Store on Shopify
To open a dropshipping store on Shopify, you need to follow these simple steps.
Identify a Name for your Shopify Store
Find a name for your Shopify Dropshipping store.Make sure that the name of your store is unique, simple and memorable. You can use Oberlo’s business name generator to find a name for your store. You will be provided with a list of business names and then you can pick one that is suitable for your store.
Read more: How to make money on Shopify.
Create a Shopify account
The other thing is to create a Shopify dropshipping account. You can do so by visiting the Shopify homepage. From the homepage, you can enter your email address in the field located at the top of your screen. You will be requested to create a password. Then enter the name of your dropshipping store and other personal details.
Optimize settings for your store
The other thing you need to do is to set shipping fees. However, the best way to go about it is to include shipping fees in the price of the product. The best thing is to set shipping fees as Free. This will avoid confusion about shipping fees to different regions. Also, this will help you market your products.
Read also: How to market your Shopify store.
Launch Your Shopify Store
Once you have identified a name and optimized all settings, you are ready to launch your Shopify Store. Once you have launched your store, you need to design it. This is to ensure that it is appealing to your customers. Pick a theme and then create a logo.