Amazon is among the leading eCommerce stores in the world. This is a guide on how to start a dropshipping business on Amazon and start making money online. Dropshipping is a way of selling products directly to customers from third parties without having to store them. You can start a dropshipping business on Amazon and start generating revenue in these ways.
Rules to Follow when Dropshipping in Amazon
You can dropship on Amazon if you meet the following requirements.
- You are the seller of the products
- All your records like packing slips and invoices identify you as the seller
- Remove information related to third parties before shipping products to customers
- You are the one in charge of accepting and processing returns
How to Start Dropshipping on Amazon
Follow the following steps on how to make money dropshipping on Amazon.
Select an Ecommerce Platform
The first thing you need to do is to identify a platform where you will be dropshipping. Amazon and Shopify have a partnership, and you can use Shopify to dropship on Amazon. Create a listing for Amazon products you are selling. Manage offers and link Amazon listings on your Shopify admin.
Sell the Right Products
To sell on Amazon, you need to adhere to its rules and regulations. You need to sell only the products you have been approved to sell. However, there are some products that you can sell on Amazon store without approval like books, office products computer and video games.
Read also: How to get free products on Amazon.
Create Amazon Seller Account
The other thing you need to do is to create an Amazon seller account. Provide details like your business name, address, tax details and credit card details. Once you have created a seller account, you need approval to start selling products some categories. For product categories like jewelry, you must be approved before you can start selling them. The following are products you can sell on Amazon dropshipping business:
Link your Amazon Account to Your Shopify Store
After your Amazon account has been approved, link it to Shopify. You can link it directly from your Shopify admin on the left where there is a + button and then create an Amazon product listing. To do so, you need to link Shopify to your Amazon listing. Then create an offer for the products you are selling.
To succeed in the dropshipping business, select products with a high demand, but with low competition. Oberlo can help you identify products for your Amazon listing.
Tips to Succeed in Amazon Dropshipping
To succeed in Amazon dropshipping, you need to:
- Promote your product listings. You need to drive traffic to your product listing. You can drive traffic to your Amazon product listing through social media, email marketing and blogging.
- Focus on customer satisfaction. Make sure to provide your customers with high quality products and excellent customer service. You will get positive product reviews that will encourage more customers to buy from you.
- Test products. You need to have experience about the products you are selling. For instance, you can order goods from a supplier and then check how long it takes to receive and your experience therein. This way, you will have an idea of what your customers are likely to experience.
Amazon Dropshipping Tools
The following are tools that can help you succeed in Amazon dropshipping.
- Merchant Words. This tool is useful in identifying the search volume and keywords for products. You can use it to identify the best products to sell.
- Sellery. This tool helps you to set fair prices. You can use it to run pricing experiments to ensure that you do not set high or low prices.
- FeedCheck. The tool helps you to respond to customer reviews. By responding to customer reviews, you can ask questions. This way, you will improve customer experience and improve your products.
Summary of How to Start Dropshipping Business on Amazon
Above is a guide on how to make money dropshipping on Amazon. Many people are making a living through Amazon dropship business, and you too can be one of them. Dropshipping is easy since you don't have to manage inventory. Your work will be to market products and when you find a buyer, the supplier ships products directly to the buyer.