Probably you have many old clothes in your wardrobe you no longer use. You can put them into good use by reusing them. You can look fancy even with old clothes. Besides, it is cheaper to reuse old clothes than buying new ones. Buying new clothes will require you to cough some good amount of money. Since everyone wants to stay up to date with trending fashion, we will provide you with great ways to reuse old clothes.
Great Ideas for Reusing Old Clothes
The following are some of the ways you can reuse old clothes in your wardrobe or repurpose them for a meaningful course.
Old T Shirt Reuse Ideas
The following are some ideas for reusing old t shirts.
1. Turn old T shirt into a work out T-shirt. If you have an old T-shirt that you no longer wear, you can reuse it by turning it into a workout T-shirt. You can wear it when doing rigorous tasks like working.
2. Turn old T shirt into duvet cover. You can repurpose your old t-shirts by sewing them together to make a duvet cover. Besides, you can use them as pajamas.
3. Turn old T shirt into a halter neck top. The other old t-shirts reuse idea is to turn them into halter neck tops. If you have an old and buggy t-shirt, cut the sleeves using scissors, and then sew it well into a halter neck top.
4. Turn old T-shirt into a dress. If you have an old long and baggy t-shirt, you can turn it into a dress for your baby girl. You just need to slim the t-shirt into the right size and then sew it around the waist so that it looks like a dress.
Read also: How rich people give away free stuff.
Old Jeans Reuse Ideas
If you have some old jeans, you can reuse them in the following ways:
1. Cut jeans into shorts. You can turn your old jeans into shorts. Ensure they are of the right length. You can then cut the jeans using scissors, fold up the edges or leave them loose to fray.
2. Use old jeans to grow plants. If you have some old jeans, you can reuse them to hang plants like flowers. You just need to cut the legs and seal one end. Then fill it will soil and you can plant flowers inside the jeans.
3. Turn old jeans into demin clutch purse. You can make a beautiful clutch purse from jeans. They are durable and cute. You may need to have a sewing machine to do so.
4. Make demin seat covers. Demin is a hard and tough fabric and can be used to make seat covers. You can place the jean pockets strategically, somewhere you can put the TV remote.
Reuse Old Shirts Ideas
The following are excellent old shirt reuse ideas. Instead of piling old shirts in your wardrobe, you can reuse them in the following ways.
1. Turn an old shirt into a shirt pillow case. You can cut your old shirt and sew it into a pillow case. You can then place the buttons strategically so that you can use them to button your pillow inside the pillow case.
2. Turn an old shirt into a shirt dress. If you have an old long shirt, you can turn it into a shirt dress. You can cut the sleeves and then sew it around the waist and turn it into a dress for a little girl.
3. Turn an old shirt into a night dress. A good night dress needs to be short, and not too tight. As such, you can cut your shirt and sew it into a night dress.
Related: Best places to donate clothes.
Old Leggings Reuse Ideas
The following are some excellent ideas on how to reuse old leggings.
1. Make headbands. Since leggings are elastic, you can use them to make trendy headbands. You just need to cut, fold and sew them into the right shape to form a headband.
2. Make a crop top. Crop tops are a new trend in fashion. You can make trendy crop tops from leggings by just cutting and sewing them into the right shape and form.
3. Make legwarmers. During cold weather, you need to wear legwarmers to beat the cold. And since leggings are tall and can stretch, you can easily make leg warmers from them.
4. Make a bandeau top. Leggings can make good and tight bandeau tops since they can stretch.
Summary of How to Reuse Old Clothes
Instead of piling up old clothes in your wardrobe, the above are some great ideas for reusing such clothes. You can repurpose old clothing and put them into good use. To do so, you may need to cut and sew them into your preferred shape.