How to Register for Linda Mama Online
Linda Mama is a program by the Kenyan government and run by NHIF that offers maternal care to expectant Kenyan mothers. All expectant women in Kenya, below and above the age of 18 years are eligible for the Linda Mama program. The Linda Mama initiative helps expectant women access antenatal care, neonatal care, and postnatal care free of charge.
In this article, we will guide you on how to apply for Linda Mama online and its benefits.
Requirements for Linda Mama Registration
To register for the Linda Mama initiative, you need to have the following requirements:
- For pregnant women of age 18 years and above, they should register using their ID and antenatal care records
- For pregnant women below 18 years of age, they should register using their guardian’s ID and antenatal care records
- Pregnant women without ID and guardians are registered using their antenatal care records.
How to Register for Linda Mama
There are three ways you can apply for the Linda Mama. They include:
- Register online or through a USSD code *236#
- Register through NHIF offices or Huduma Centers
- Register through NHIF contracted Health providers
How to Register Linda Mama Online
Follow these simple steps to register for Linda Mama online:
- Visit the NHIF portal
- Click either self-employed or Employed depending on your employment status
- Enter your ID number, Passport number, or Alien ID
- Fill in all other fields in the form
- Scan and upload a copy of ID or Passport
- Attach a passport-size photo of yourself
- Attach a marriage certificate if you are married
- Then click “Confirm”
How to Register Linda Mama via USSD Code
Follow these simple steps to register for Linda Mama on your phone:
- Dial *236# on your phone
- Select Register on NHIF mobile menu by entering 1
- Select language; English or Kiswahili by entering 1 or 2
- Select Free Maternity by entering 1
- Select the type of identification for the registration
- Enter your ID number or passport number; whichever applies
The other way to register Linda Mama is to visit NHIF offices or Huduma Center near you.
How Much Does Linda Mama Cost?
Linda Mama is an initiative by NHIF and you can access its services free of charge. There is no Linda Mama registration fee. If you have the NHIF cover, you can walk to any public hospital and few private hospitals accredited by NHIF and access free maternity services.
Linda Mama Benefits
Linda Mama provides wide coverage to expectant mothers. These services include:
- Antenatal care for 4 antennal visits
- Neonatal care
- Postnatal care for 4 postnatal visits
Besides, it covers cesarean section and child immunization after birth. These services are quite costly, but if you have Linda Mama, you can access them free of charge.
Read also: Ways to invest in your health.
Linda Mama Hospitals
Linda Mama services are offered in all NHIF accredited public hospitals across the country. Besides, the services are also available in some low-cost private NHIF accredited hospitals.
It is worth noting that Linda Mama expires after one year after the activation date. Make sure to register as an NHIF member so that a mother and the child can continue enjoying Linda Mama services even after the expiry period.
How to Apply Linda Mama Card Online
Nowadays, NHIF is not issuing Linda Mama Card. Instead, you can access self-care services on your NHIF mobile app or dial *236# from your phone. Choose the Free Maternity option and follow the instructions to access Linda Mama benefits.
Who is Eligible for Linda Mama?
All expectant women in Kenya, below and above the age of 18 years are eligible for the Linda Mama program.
Does Linda Mama Cover Private Hospitals?
No. Linda Mama is only accepted in all public hospitals across the country. However, it is accepted in few private hospitals.
Does Linda Mama Cover Cesarean?
Yes. Linda Mama covers childbirth through caesarean. Besides, it also covers child immunization after birth.
Summary of Linda Mama Registration and Benefits
Linda Mama is an initiative by NHIF aimed at providing maternal health care services to expectant Kenyan women. Expectant mothers get prenatal, neonatal and postnatal care. The Linda Mama initiative runs for 1 year after activation. To ensure that you and your newborn child continue getting Linda Mama benefits, make sure to register for NHIF.