Serious photographers will tell you that having a photographer website is vital for sharing and showcasing your work. It is an excellent marketing strategy that helps photographers get new potential clients when they see their work.
Getting a photography website has become more comfortable and cheaper. It is an easy way to market a photography business. When looking for a good website, you need to consider design, speed, SEO and functionality. We will provide you with details about the best website builders for photographers so that you can choose which suits your requirements.
Squarespace is the best overall website builder for photographers. It is a high-speed website builder with beautiful and functional themes and designs. Besides, it is the only website builder that offers email marketing.
It is mobile friendly and responsive, making it the most preferred by many artists and musicians. Squarespace has an inbuilt functionality that you can integrate with Mailchimp and several other newsletter service providers.
- Beautiful templates that you can use to showcase your stylish photography skills
- Inbuilt features so that you do not have to look for plugins
- Mobile-friendly and fast making it suitable for SEO
- More expensive compared to its counterparts but it comes with more features
- Requires sophisticated skills to build a website
Read also: Best photography editing softwares.
Squarespace has four monthly plans. The charges range between $12 and $40 every month.
Wix boasts itself in excellent photography templates, ease of use and customizability. You can make use of Wix's Artificial Design Intelligence feature if you are a beginner by selecting your favorite design and then modify. It has a drag and drop feature that is liked by most photographers. Wix displays free ads on your website on its free plan. If you want to get rid of the ads, you must upgrade to the premium plan.
- Has a drag and drop feature liked by most photographers
- Mobile friendly
- Offers free ads on your site that is a good thing if you are on a limited budget
- Once you have published, you cannot change the template
- Some people do not like the free ads that display for the free plan
Wix has several monthly plans that range between $11 and $29 every month.
Weebly is a simple and highly customizable and versatile website builder. It is also the cheapest website builder for photographers. You do not need to write any code to create a page. It has customizable personal layouts that will help you to organize your photos. Its themes are attractive and straightforward.
- You edit your site while uploading pictures in the background thereby saving you time
- Excellent building interface that is customizable to showcase your photography skills
- Variety apps for scaling site's functionality
- Lacks personal restore option. You need to contact Weebly to restore your website when it goes down
Weebly has three payment plans that range between $6 and $26 every month, billed annually.
Read also: How to make money with photography.
SmugMug is the best website builder when you are looking for the security of your photos. Third parties cannot download your pictures. You can use it to showcase your photography skills and sell your photos online and add a custom watermark to your images. It has right-click protection that displays your photos' copyright notice.
Besides, you can upload an unlimited number of photos and videos. Also, you can sync your photo library with Lightroom and integrate it with various social media platforms. It is suitable for SEO since you can add tags to your photos with keywords.
- Provides security for pictures
- Great website builder for photographers who wish to monetize their skills
- Unlimited photo and video uploads
- Its portfolio specialization is limited compared to that of Wix and Squarespace
- Lacks built-in bogging option
- Its monthly plan charge of $15 is high from beginner photographers who wish to monetize photography
It has a monthly plan charge that costs $15.
SITE123 boasts itself for its 24/7 live chat customer support. In case you need help while building a website, you can contact their customer support. You need to specify that you are building a photography website s that you can get the best customization.
Through ADI, you can select the category you want and then modify the theme if you wish. After publishing, you cannot switch templates. It comes with a built-in portfolio and you can integrate it with social media platforms.
- Has 24/7 live customer support
- You can integrate it with social media platforms
- Built-in portfolio and gallery
- Limited freedom of creativity
- The most expensive plan has a maximum storage of 270GB
SITE 123 has two price plans, a free plan and paid plans. The paid plans range between $12 and $34.
WordPress.com is a great bogging CMS for photographers. It has a user-friendly editor and formatting tools. It is a great website tool for people who want to combine a portfolio with blogs.
WordPress.com boasts itself for its value of money. It has many themes suitable for different industries. All you need to do is to select your choice by filtering your industry and then modify. However, for some themes, you must pay.
- When you switch a theme, your content and media will automatically switch to the new theme
- Ideal for blogs aimed to promote photography
- Great value for money
- Lacks drag and drop tools
- Separate editing of content and design
- Most challenging website builder, especially for beginners
It has a free plan and four paid plans. The costs range between $5 and $45 per month and billed annually.
Read also: Best DSLR cameras for beginners.
GoDaddy boasts itself for being the biggest domain registrar worldwide. It is a simple but effective website builder. It makes your work easier since you only need to answer a few questions and build a website based on your answers. Also, you can select your favorite design and then make a few modifications. It is excellent for SEO through its SEO wizard that asks questions, thereby helping you improve SEO for your site.
- Easy to use when you use its designs
- Inbuilt industry related features based on answers you provide to its questions
- Fast and straightforward in building a website
- Does not give high performance above its features
- Limited creativity for photographers
It has a free one month trial and has four price plans that cost between $10 and $25 every month but billed annually.